Sunday, January 29, 2012

Tag!

Blogosphere is being taken over by tagging!  Sara at Smiling in Second and Laura at Peace Love and First Grade brought me into a game of tag.

The rules are as follows:
1) Post the rules
2) Post 12 things about yourself
3) Answer the 12 questions sent from the person that tagged you.  Then create 12 new questions for the people you tag.
4) Tag 12 people and link them to your post.
5) Let them know you tagged them.

12 Things About Me:
1. The Best Endings has a great reviews of books.  Posts are written by different teachers and I am finding new books to read in different genres.  And I get to be one of the contributing authors.
2.  I want to write a children's picture book someday.
3.  Hey Girl Teacher and Hey Girl Librarian are two of the funniest blogs ever!  Tears every time, from laughing so much.  Here is one reason why....
4.  Lucille Ball is a distant cousin, of mine:-)
5.  The fact that Portland has NO baseball team makes me really sad and every once in a while I really think I need to move to a city with a baseball team.
6.  The Dodgers will be playing the Mariners on June 8, 9, and 10.  I will be using a personal day to make it too all three games and am trying to convince students we should make it an all class field trip:-)
7.  Two of my favorite shows (Arrested Development and Firefly) were canceled by FOX after short seasons, so I am always afraid to get excited about new shows on FOX:-)
8.  Goodreads.com is amazing.  You enter all the things you read and it will show you how many books you have read, in all and from year to year.  (I have read a lot.)
9.   I am a binge sleeper.  I stay up way to late on weekdays and then sleep A LOT on Saturday playing catch up.
10.  I have been involved with Bible Study Fellowship for ten years and it is the best, in-depth, applicable study.  There are classes, for all ages, all over the world all studying the same thing...insync! Check it out.
11.  I have taught at the same school for nine years, and my first class of students are freshman!  That class will always have a special place in my heart.
12.  I refer to Josh Groban as my future husband.  I know I have posted about this before, but it must be repeated!

Answers to Tagees Questions:
From Sara:

1. Favorite television show? 
Easy.Leverage!!!!  I have an obsession.
2.  If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?
Right now, New York, to see the Broadway opening of Newsies.
3. Famous person you would like to meet?
PeeWee Reese.  The Dodger who befriended Jackie Robinson, even though he had the most to lose.  (And Josh Groban)
4. What is your biggest pet peeve?
The hem of pants inside of the tongue of shoe.
5. What is your favorite activity?
Reading!
6. What is the best thing about teaching?
Everyday is a fresh day.  We learn and we move on.
7. What is the most frustrating about teaching? 
Sending home communication, then e-mails and phone calls asking about things in the communicationJ (Parents who read/follow this blog, obviously I don’t mean you!)
8. Shopping spree to any store, where would you go?
Ikea? 
Powells City of Books...it is a GINORMOUS book store of used and new books!
Reading Resort...my aunt's house!
9. What motivates you to be a better teacher?  
KIDS!
10. Why did you start blogging?
I read so many other teacher’s blogs and I wanted to contribute to the learning going on in the blogosphere.
11. If you weren't a teacher, what would you be?
My mind cannot fathom not being a teacher.
12. Where is your favorite place to read a book?
My Aunt’s backyard.
From Laura:
1. What was your favorite childhood toy? 
My Child Doll.  You could pick ones that looked like you and they were so soft!
2. How old were you when you got your first cell phone?  College?
3. Do you have a nickname?
Norm (from Cheers) and Footie
4. Diet or fully leaded drinks? 
Diet
5. What's your favorite way to exercise? 
Volleyball
6. Night owl or early riser? 
NIGHT OWL!
7. What's your favorite color combination?
Anything that goes with purple
8. Cold weather or warm weather?
Warm, but I do love RAIN!
9. Have you given up your home phone to go just cellular?
Cell only
10. What's your favorite thing to do during the summer?
Read! Play Frisbee Golf
11. What's the best book you have read lately/last?
Divergent  Stop reading this and go get it now!  SO good!
12. How early is your Spring Break if you have one?
Starts March 23rd. 
 



Newly Tagged:
The Accidental Teacher, Mom, Runner
Swimming Into Second
Teaching in Flip Flops
Second Grade Success
Runde's Room
The Bubblegum Tree
A Class Act
Think Wonder Teach
The Teacher's Jungle
2nd Grade Pad
Second Grade Silliness
Learning With Mrs. Parker
New Questions: (#11 answers are what I am looking forward to the most)
1)  What blog do you most look forward to new posts from?
2)  What is your favorite teaching topic/unit?
3)  What is the 1st thing you do once all your students are gone?
4)  What one thing would you buy for your class if money weren't an issue?
5)  What is the best thing about your classroom?
6)  What is your favorite movie?
7)  If you had to choose one book to REread, what would it be?
8)  What are your favorite shoes, for school?
9)  What is your "go to" school lunch?
10)  What is your best childhood memory?
11)  How did you come up with the name for your blog?
12)  What is your favorite canceled tv show?

Oh my what a post! 
Laurie



3 comments:

  1. Hubby and I are the same way - any shows we ending up liking get canceled...we thought it only happened to us! :)

    Holly
    Crisscross Applesauce in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay.. Hey Girl Teacher is hilarious. I so needed the comic relief tonight. I too am a binge sleeper. Great description. I will work on the tag, thanks for including me but not sure I know 12 peeps yet! We shall see. =)

    Misty@
    Think, Wonder, & Teach

    ReplyDelete
  3. Firefly was one of my favorite shows, too. I always pick the ones that get cancelled!

    Kara
    Spedventures

    ReplyDelete