Friday, March 30, 2012

Spring Break Recap

The same person that steals my weekends has done it again and stolen spring break!  I cannot believe how fast the week went.  I work with the junior highers at church and will be on a junior high event, Friday and Saturday, (Sunday will be spent recuperating from this event:-)  so this really is the last few hours of my break....
1)  I went to Canada...just Vancouver but it was beautiful and sunny and entertaining.
2)  Started volleyball practice with my 4th/5th grade team.  (The 6th/7th/8th grade practices start next week)  Yes, I might be a little crazy....

3)  Of course, I read...a lot.  My school is in the middle of, Books & Beyond.  For every five hours of reading students progress through 10 levels.  Adults participate too, but they have to read seven hours to complete a level.  I have challenged my class to read more levels than I can.  So I loved spending time reading, so they don't get too far ahead of me!

I read, The Chaos Code by Justin Thomas, Ship Breaker by Paolo Bacigalupi, City of Bones by Cassandra Clare, Major Pettigrew's Last Stand by Helen Simonson, Wither by Lauren DeStefano, The Order of the Odd Fish by James Kennedy, and The Magnolia League by Katie Crouch.


4)  Finished making bows for previously mentioned 4/5 team.
Orange shirts and a pile of finished hair bows.

To those who are finishing spring break, enjoy your last few days.  To those who are just starting, have a great week!  I'm off to the land of junior high craziness!
Happy Friday,
 

4 comments:

  1. Seeing your post makes me excited for my Spring Break which starts at 1:31pm on April 6th! Yipee!
    Lori
    bee-the-change.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would love to know what you think of the books you read! Looking for a new read! Thanks!


    Laura
    Peace, Love, and First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  3. My spring break is almost over too. It's kind of sad to say good-bye. :)
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
  4. I get most of my book suggestions from
    The Best Endings
    A lot of different people (including me) blog about books we have read and because so many different people share, the variety is really great. Check it out.

    Laurie

    ReplyDelete