Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Toy Lab and Currently

Toy Lab is going on in our classroom.  We have been studying fact and opinion and will be writing toy reviews.  We started by reading quite a few toy reviews at Time to Play Mag.  It has plethora of toy reviews...some with video demonstrations.
Then we brainstormed Toy Reviews and what they have, can, are.  Using the document camera, we played a game, called Rush Hour.  And finally we wrote a class review of the game.  Next week we will be bringing in our own, favorite, (non-electrical) toy and having a Toy Lab to review our toys.
Toy Review Anchor Chart and Rush Hour Review

Rush Hour on the big screen.

And I thought I should link up with the Currently party.....I love reading what everyone is up to!
Love the super power part....you are all super heroes...in case you haven't seen this pic floating around...

Happy Tuesday,

6 comments:

  1. What a meaningful way to learn about fact/opinion - using a topic that's so important to kids - toys. Brilliant. :)

    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love New Girl. Excited for it to be on tonight!

    I agree with the weather control...I know my county is in flood warning the next few days.


    Journey of a Substitute Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love The New Girl! Never miss it.
    I'm going to check out "The Lucky One".
    Thanks!

    ❀Barbara❀
    Grade ONEderful

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a truly incredible way to move kids to the next level of thinking with fact and opinion! I can see the excitement and learning in your room! Thanks for sharing. Heather Best
    Creatingbookworms.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello! We found your blog through the linky and are your newest follower!

    The REAL Teachers of Orange County

    ReplyDelete