Thursday, March 8, 2012

Read Across America Day 4

Read Across America Day 4:  Buddy Class Activities
I speak for the family
In the morning we made Truffalo Trees with pipe cleaners and Easter grass......which was (and still is) EvERyWhERe!  But they are pretty cute.  Then we wrote what we would try to do our best to protect.  A couple of lovelies tried to tell me that video games were what they would speak for.  I informed them that they probably didn't need any help being protected....and some of us wouldn't be too sad if they went away:-)
I speak for the Duck.
I speak for the pets.
During the afternoon, we switched up classes and did three different Seuss activities in each of the 2nd grade classrooms.  We had an If I Ran the Zoo activity, a Cat in the Hat activity, and a The Lorax activity.  Pretty fun.
If I Ran the Zoo
Cat in the Hat Acrostic Poem
The Lorax activity
Cat in the Hat descriptions.





































Tomorrow Potato Parade and Pajamas!  I can hardly wait!
Happy Thursday,
Pippi Longstocking
Cat in the Hat
Rainbow Fish

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. They are really getting into this project! SO fun to see what thy bring in.

      Delete
  2. I love the truffula tree project!

    Kara
    Spedventures

    ReplyDelete