Tuesday, March 13, 2012

K-2 Linky and Charlotte's Web All Together Now

Here is what I woke up!  Hello March??  It snowed today and we got a two hour late start....which means school started at 9:35 and everyone is happier with two more hours of sleep! 
If you are looking for a ton of amazing K-2 blogs, search no longer.  Jeannie @ Kindergarten Lifestyle is having a linky party for K-2 blogs to join in!  I have found so many new friends!

We are reading Charlotte's Web during our Reading Round-Up time.  I am not one who loves having the whole class read the same thing, at the same time.  Because they are always all over the place with reading speed.   But I am doing it, in celebration of the 60th anniversary of Charlotte's Web we will finish reading by April 24th, when the new edition comes out.

Here is what I am doing to help organize kiddos who may need a little help to keep from falling behind.  I have planned for them to read a chapter a day.  I put the days and the chapters on the chart.  The final box in the row, is for when they start working on the questions that go along with the chapters.  Each student has initials on a sticky flag and as they work through the book, they keep track for themselves, and for me, of where they are.  Hopefully this will keep us working together, so we all finish in time for "Charlotte and Wilbur" Day.  How do you help students stay on track with assigned reading?


Happy Wednesday,
 

3 comments:

  1. I have never thought of tracking where everyone is before. I like your system a lot but I will need to give this more thought.

    Misty
    Think, Wonder, & Teach

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a "thought-in-process" We will see how it goes:-)

      Delete
  2. Someone else who calls their students chickadees :) I found you through the linky party and am you newest follower. Please visit me sometime.

    www.twirlybirdteaching.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete