Tuesday, September 4, 2012

First Day Hurray!

Welcome back to the world of bloggy pictures with student faces smeared out:-)  We did a lot of work creating art that would help identify our things.  

We colored circles for our lunch choice magnets.
 And paper for our turns to be "student of the day."
 First day of school, class picture...here is what 34 chickadees looks like.
At the end of the day, we did my most favorite activity.  First we read The Legend of Ninja, Cowboy, Bear.  
It is a fantastic story!  The best part is at the end you get to play, Ninja Cowboy Bear....think Rock, Paper, Scissors only with big actions....Ninja hands, Big Bear Arms, Cowboy Holsters (w/out guns)!
Bear Beats Ninja
Ninja Beats Cowboy
We managed to leave the room in order.  
My desk on the other hand..... 
So the rest of the week the weather is supposed to be in the 90's....I am thinking school should be cancelled due to inclement weather.  90 is so rare in Oregon, we should have a "Sun Day!"  Sandal day tomorrow....gotta show some Dodger love!
Happy Tuesday,
 

7 comments:

  1. It was my first day, too ~ only it was 90 degrees and pouring rain!! It sounds like you had a productive day. I had to laugh at the "honesty" of you teacher desk picture ~ so true:)
    Natalie
    Natalies Nook

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of that book. I'll have to look for it. Love your toes!
    Barbara
    Grade ONEderful
    Ruby Slippers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyed your post and pictures! Especially the toes!
    Sandi
    Literacy Minute

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to find that book - my kiddos will love it!


    ✪ Miss W

    Miss W Teaches

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE ninja, cowboy, bear! Glad your first day back went well!

    Don't Let The Teacher Stay Up Late

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ninja, Cowboy, Bear sounds like so much fun! I have GOT to get a copy of that book.

    Amanda
    The Teaching Thief


    ReplyDelete