Saturday, June 30, 2012

A Versatile Back to School Checklist

For the first few years, every summer before school started, I would write out a LONG to do list and use that to keep on top of everything I needed to be ready for the first day of school.  Then a lightbulb went off and I thought why am I handwriting the same thing every year.  So I typed up a back to school to do list and then just add in the extra things I plan to do.  Click the picture to see what I put on it and then you can make your own....don't forget to save it so you can reuse it each summer.
Starred items I save til I have a final list of students.
Also, I have been given a blog award by Jenn @ Owl Things First...love her and her cute blog!  Go check it out!

The rules of the award are as follows:1. Thank the blogger who nominated you. 2. Include a link to their site. 3. Include the award image in your post. 4. Give 7 random facts about yourself. 5. Nominate 15 other bloggers for the award. 6. When nominating, include a link to their site. 7. Let other bloggers know they’ve been nominated. 

7 Random Facts:  (Random, but some of you who know me, this is not new info!)
1)  Dodgers-Have loved them since I was 8 years old, but have no reason why.  My dad was a fan of baseball, so I wanted to like baseball too....and apparently Dodgers were the team. 
2)  Josh Groban-I refer to him as my future husband and love love love listening to him in the musical Chess.
3)  Summer Reading-The past two summers I have read a book a day!  It is the BEST thing about summer vacation!  I read inside.  I read outside.  I read in the pool.  I read everywhere.  There is ALWAYS a book in my purse. 
4)  Teaching-As a 7 year old, I knew I wanted to grow up and be a teacher. I can't imagine doing anything else.  Going to work never feels like a job.  The blogosphere has been a refreshing addition to teaching.
5)  Music-In high school I was in the field show marching band and the Metropolitan Youth Symphony.  Hours and hours every week were devoted to playing and practicing.

6)  So You Think You Can Dance-Favorite favorite and only reality show I will watch.  I am fascinated by choreography that interprets music and have zero dancing ability....I watch in awe!
7)  I really really think being part of a Roller Derby team would be awesome!  I have watched a bunch of matches...and am pretty sure I could do it!
I couldn't get rid of Josh, so you get 8 random facts!
8)  Aunt Shell-My favorite aunt (her name is Michele, but I have never called her that).  She used to live in Bethel, Alaska and visiting her was somewhat difficult.  Now she lives in Medford (5 hours south of Portland) and I spend a lot of the summer with her.  We often call each other to talk and find out that we have both finished the same book without even knowing the other was reading it!
Bethel, AK
My aunt's "resort-like" backyard!
More Versatile Bloggers:
How Cute is This 
I Do, We Do, You Do 
The Polka Dot Desk
 
Happy Saturday,
 

9 comments:

  1. I love So You Think You Can Dance. My cousin and I don't think they should have put Cyrus through.
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My friends and I thought the same thing. We aren't huge fans of Amelia either. I will say one thing for Cyrus...of all the animation type dancers, he is the only one who has ever kept me in awe!

      Delete
  2. Okay, I could have picked HALF of those favorites. I love watching great dance, I was in marching band, and Josh Groban is a dreamboat. (LOVE his voice.)

    And thank you SO much for sharing your checklist! I've been meaning to come up with something like this myself. I'm planning on doing a blog series for new teachers... would you mind if I linked them to you? :)

    Jenny
    Luckeyfrog's Lilypad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the idea to sit down and make a list. I usually just have a bunch of random slips of paper where I have written ideas or they are swilring in my head.

    I had an older cousin who put the idea of teaching in my head, but I ended up not going to college right out of high school. When I went back and got into my teaching classes, it was like I had found where I belong.

    Kelly @ I'm Not Your Grandpa, I'm Your Teacher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You always know when you aren't doing what you were meant to be doing. I love you blog name:-)

      Delete
  4. This back to school checklist is just what I need! I always seem to forget something. Thanks for sharing!
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for the award. I love love love your blog!

    ReplyDelete