Friday, October 5, 2012

Student Bookmarks

Not sure when I pinned this, but I knew it would become inspiration!
source
Last week my Chickadees were complaining about not having bookmarks (even though there is a whole basket of them in the library.)  And so begins my adaptation of this project.
First I took pictures of each student.  I told them to stand as though a rope were carrying them through the air.
Then we drew pictures of what that rope could be attached to.
Next we cut out our pictures and our drawings.
I had a parent volunteer cut out this part.
Then the pieces were matched up and glued to background paper.



I think I will have students write a slogan about being carried away by reading...or something and then laminate them.

And finally I leave you with another pinterest find:-)

Happy Friday!

5 comments: