Tuesday, June 18, 2013

My Teacher Always Says....

If your students quoted you, what would you hear them say.  Tammy has a fun party of teacher phrases going on.  Here are some of mine-ignore the strange oval-non circular shape....not sure what is happening there.
1.  Yep....straight from Uncle Jesse's mouth into my classroom.  I say it all.the.time. instead of "okay".
2.  Keeping our bodies to ourselves seemed tricky this year....don't know how many times we discussed this! 
3.  My most likely response to tattling, or spilled water during art, or a missing pencil, etc.   I picked them up from my cousin...my kids think they are nonsense.  Well, so is whatever issue they are tattling about.  (To be clear...this is not my response to issues that need more of a response.)
4.  Have your kids ever said, "______made me sad/angry/etc?"  This question is my response-
  Others can only make you sad, angry, frustrated if you let them....
5.  Did you know I LOVE reading!?  My kids know this about me and everyday at the end of reading we say, "If you can read, you can do anything."  Only we say it like the movie Dodgeball, "If you can dodge a car...you can dodge a ball."
6.  This one if for either small group or whole group discussions.  After listening to another's answer, we challenge ourselves to think about our friends' thinking.  Do we agree/disagree/have something to add/still confused/less confused.
 What are you repeated phrases....for more or a place to link up go see Tammy!
Happy Tuesday,

6 comments:

  1. Laurie, I feel so blessed that you joined my linky. Seriously. I'm loving your mantras by the way. I'm looking forward to borrowing them in August. Capiche?
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I say capisce, too! And then my kids say it back in the cutest way. I love it!

    Meg
    Third Grade in the First State

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun linky party! I use that same one about staying in your own bubble. LOL. Followed by, "It's called personal space people." It was fun reading about your sayings. Happy panda face!

    Amanda
    The Teaching Thief

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I wish I had a dollar for every time I reminded them about their bubbles this year!
    Love your mantras... following now!
    Susanna
    Whimsy Workshop

    ReplyDelete
  5. I say Capisce too! The funniest is to hear them say that to each other! "We're going to play robbers at recess today, Capisce?".

    NotJustChild'sPlay

    ReplyDelete
  6. I told kids to stay in their own bubble so many times, I needed to switch it up for my own sanity. Now it's "stay in your own zone".

    sandi
    rubberboots and elf shoes

    ReplyDelete