Saturday, August 4, 2012

Teacher Binder

Scrap booking is one of my favorite activities.  I don't have a lot of things that I take pictures of, so I apply scrap booking funness to other things...like my teacher binder.  I made the cover and back last year...I didn't do anything to them except put them in a new binder.  
I did make new dividers.  The same sections pop up each year, but I usually don't label the dividers.  This time I made labeled sections.  I used Tagxedo (because I may have an addiction to making things with this site.)  For each section of the binder, I made a "chickadee" shaped word cloud.  There are nine sections.  
Lesson Plans-I keep pages for about a month at a time.  At the end of the month, I file the lesson plans into the filing cabinet. At the back of this section I have a page protector with the masters of blank lesson plans for easy copying.
Calendar and Year Long Plan-School calendar and Year Long Plans.  Also pacing guides and weekly schedule.
2nd and 3rd Grade Common Core-Teaching a blend, so need to know what both grades goals are.  I also keep testing info and the like in the 3rd grade section.
Student Checklists-Homework Checklist, In-Class Work Checklist, Math Checklist...At the back of this section I have a page protector with the masters of blank checklists for easy copying.
Student Info.-Addresses, phone number, email, birthday for students.
Sunnyside Info.-This is where I keep information specific to my school.  Assembly schedules, character ed. schedule, PBIS schedule, staff contacts, etc.
Meeting Notes-For things I need to remember from Staff or Grade Level meetings.
Ideas-Plans and to dos for later.
*I do not use this binder for assessment data.  That needs its own binder and well I just don't see a whole lot of purpose in cutetifying that one:-)
The binder goes to and from school almost everyday, although I don't generally use it during the school day.  During the school day, I keep the things I need on my clipboard.  It goes everywhere, takes up less space, and for some reason I can keep track of it:-)  My clipboard has the things I use on a daily basis with my chickadees.
-Current week's lesson plans (at the end of the week I return them to binder)
-Class List
-Student schedules:  For students who may go to speech, ELD, Resource Room, etc.
-Daily 5 checklist
-Reading Group List
-Math Attendance (because we switch kiddos around for math, I need to make sure I have everyone)
And on a completely random and unrelated note.....
Scentsy....and a Dodger towel of course.
Dodger tagxedo!
I finished working on downstairs bathroom.  It needed a new coat of paint....and some art.  (I told you I am a bit addicted to Tagxedo.) Here a few pics.  (I don't have before pics...just imagine the walls bare and painted a non-descript white/beige color.)  The walls are now grey...and the Dodgers have taken over!  I wanted to paint pinstripes....but couldn't talk myself into that adventure.

My cousin made the adorable LA t-shirt.
Found this treasure at Goodwill.
Happy Saturday,
 

5 comments:

  1. I love your binder, especially the Tagxedo. I've never used Tagxedo, but I love the look. Thanks for sharing.

    Learning With Susie Q

    susieqsclass@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Tagxedo creations are awesome. I'm going to have to check it out!!
    Jenny
    Owl Things First

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your binder looks great and I love that Dodgers heart. I've never heard of Tagxedo. I'm going to check it out!

    ❀Barbara❀
    Grade ONEderful
    Ruby Slippers Blog Designs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything turned out great. Love the little Tagxedos in the middle of the pages :)

    Elizabeth
    Fun in Room 4B

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness! How cute is your binder?!? I love it! You fully scrapbooked and incorporated technology. I'm in awe. Very cool! I just used the scrapbooking paper. Hehe!

    Amanda
    The Teaching Thief

    ReplyDelete