Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Toys with Forces

Another super fun science lesson, using a children's toy--Mouse Trap.  As a kid, I hated this game because it never quite worked or my brother had confiscated the pieces for something else.  Today it did exactly what it was supposed to do and my the afternoon all the better.  And kids LOVE toys, so the excitement level was way up.  A couple kids had Mouse Trap at home and were able to bring it in.  Then I was browsing Teachers Pay Teachers for some forces and motion hands-on ideas.  Karen Langdon won the day!  She has an awesome unit full of activities about forces and motion...and the last one uses the game, Mouse Trap. 
Click here for Karen's TpT unit.  Promise...I wasn't asked to share this and don't often promote "stuff" on this blog....but we thoroughly enjoyed this...."kid tested, teacher approved!"
More force and motion coming soon!
Happy Wednesday,

3 comments:

  1. I SO needed this post! I have to teach this unit also and I always struggle to find good ideas. Thanks so much Laurie!
    Sarah
    Sarah's First Grade Snippets

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome. Today was a fun day! I have a forces and motion pinterest board...if that helps.

      Delete
  2. I loved this game as a kid and with five sibs in the same house, there was always someone to play it with! My son was the one who confiscated the pieces making it difficult for my daughter to play. What a surprise that he's now planning on becoming an engineer!
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete