Monday, January 28, 2013

Newbery Day

Did you know it is book award day?  I listened to/watched the live webcast.  Not sure if I can be a bigger book dork...but I would rather go to the book awards over any other award event...well except maybe the Tony's.  Pretty sure there should be a red carpet show before they start:-)  I am so bummed that today is a teacher work day....my kids weren't here to hear the announcement.  They would have been SO excited, because our first read aloud, The One and Only Ivan, is this year's Newbery winner!  If you have not read this, quit reading this post and go check it out. 

That is all I have to share...now back to working on report cards:-(

Best.Day.Ever!
Happy Monday

4 comments:

  1. How fun! I didn't know they announced winners like that, I guess I never really thought about it. It looks like a good book though, will have to check it out! :)

    NotJustChild'sPlay

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to check this book out! Thanks for the great tip!

    Amy Howbert
    Little Miss Organized
    amyhowbert1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl I don't know what is wrong with me but I just followed your blog. I read it, and then it occurred to me that I am reading your blog off your blog comments on my blog. How RUDE! Sorry! I am now your newest follower!

    Thank you for linking up with me. I love the idea of half way day!!!!!!! Soooo fun!

    ReplyDelete