Here are the things I MUST have to function in my classroom: 1) Books~Every classroom needs a great library so kids have access
to good books everyday! Label it, teach kids how to use it, and talk
about it all the time!
The Tiny Transition Music Box--it plays Take Me Out to the Ballgame and
lets students know when to transition from one thing to another or
switch from session 1, to 2, to 3, during Reader's Workshop. The kids
are fascinated by it and it plays simply by winding it on the desk.
3) Clipboard--I never lose this thing. I keep a current week's lesson plans, a student checklist, individual student pull-out schedules, and to-do list pages.
4) Teacher Info.--Stuff that lets your kids know who you are and what you love. Dodgers, my Aunt, and other random trivia about Miss Foote.
5) Clorox--do we really need an explanation for why this is a must have?
6) Staple Remover--Seriously the best tool ever. Whenever I use the squeeze kind of removers I would ruin papers. This kind just slides between the paper and the staple. So much easier.
7) Breakfast--We start school at 7:45 and don't go to lunch until 12:15....This is a must!
8) Scentsy Warmer~because the room should smell amazing!
Your turn! What must you have for your classroom survival?