Monday, July 2, 2012

How Can it Be a July Currently

I am not sure where my summer vacation is going?  How is this happening?  Anyway Farley is at it again.  
Listening:  I saw Joshua Radin and Sara Bareilles a couple of summers ago--they are so talented!
Loving:  The reading piles in my house are overwhelming....but one of the best parts of summer.
Thinking:  I am going back to a 2/3 blend next year.  Excited about keeping some of my chickadees...but gotta start thinking through common core.
Wordle of last year's class list....they'll be back!
Wanting:  Just discovered Downton Abbey on instant watch...I am addicted and waiting for season two to come to my mailbox.
Needing:  Powells is most fun bookstore.  It takes up a block and has at least 4 stories of new and used books...I have got a list of books to freshen up my library.
Reads:  Toys Go Out by Emily Jenkins is one of my favorite read alouds.  (Edward Tulane is my other favorite....but since it has already been mentioned....)  My kids are so into the story and there are two sequels, so they are motivated to read the next ones independently.  Growing Readers simply separates elements for encouraging lifelong readers.  (Again, Reading With Meaning and The Book Whisperer are some favorites...but we all need a selection to choose from)
Check out how everyone else is spending July, over at Oh' Boy 4th Grade


Happy Monday,
 

12 comments:

  1. July snuck up on me too!!! Enjoyed your post. Going to follow you to read more :) Happy Summer!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehehe ....just one more chapter!
    Blessings,

    Jessica Stanford
    Mrs. Stanford's Class
    I hope that you'll join me for my giveaway ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so hoping someone would pick up on that:-)

      Delete
  3. Lowell's is definitely the greatest bookstore. I laughed when you mentioned one more chapter becomes the end, me too.

    Jill
    Bubbalulu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Thank you so much for the blog award! Sorry we did not see it earlier - we have both been out of town!!

    The REAL Teachers of Orange County

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, my! How I love Downton Abbey!!! You will love Season 2!

    Laura
    Peace, Love, and First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never heard of Downton Abbey and now I have to check it out!
    Plus some of your book finds!!!
    A Teeny Tiny Teacher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So good...even more drama than The Bachelorette.

      Delete
  7. I'm a new follower of your blog too!! I love Growing Readers, my student teacher last year gave me that book. :) I've heard good things about Downton Abbey, I feel like I should start watching that show!

    Andrea
    Cheers To School

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've always wanted to visit Powell's! :) Sara Bareilles has an amazing voice, too- I really loved listening to her music knowledge on the voice. Girl knows her stuff!

    Jenny
    Luckeyfrog's Lilypad

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE that Wordle of your class!!! Too cute!!!! And I'm going to have to check out Downtown Abby too! :)

    ReplyDelete