Saturday, December 28, 2013

Saturday Saying Genius

Every Saturday I look forward to Tammy's new saying.  So I am joining her with a Saturday saying of my own.  On Christmas my family saw Saving Mr. Banks.  It was fabulous and I want to read Mary Poppins to compare to movie. 

Walt Disney is someone I would like to know about.  He has lots of great quotes and this one is something I am hoping to work with my class on.  Look up genius hour...you will find all kinds of great plans students are researching and creating about the things they love.  We brainstormed our ideas before break and I am excited to get back to class and begin our work!
My kids have come up with some exciting things to explore!  What would your genius hour project be?

Happy Saturday,

4 comments:

  1. It's an honor that you've joined me this morning. By the way, I saw Saving Mr. Banks too and loved it. It made me curious about the book as well. Anyway, I've never heard of Genius Hour. You'll definitely have to share more in the near future.
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't seen that movie yet, but I agree it would be cool to learn more about Walt. Curiosity is such an important quality, that I know is just not encouraged enough in our classrooms these days. Asking questions, in my humble opinion, is just as important as being able to answer questions-so I definitely agree with Walt on that front! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see that movie. Now I'm on my way to check out the Genius Hour!
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great quote! I'm off to check out Genius Hour. I've never heard of it!
    Happy New Year, Laurie!

    Grade ONEderful
    Ruby Slippers Blog Designs

    ReplyDelete