Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Bird Beak Foldable

Yesterday we discovered the different tools birds have for getting food.  Today we working on a new addition to our lapbooks.  Over the weekend, I found pictures of beaks and then typed a short description. (I was originally going to have students do the writing....so glad I talked myself out of that.)  Students matched the bird beak with the description and glued them into a mini-foldable.  Here is how they turned out.  The foldable is just an 8 1/2 x 11 piece of paper cut in half, horizontally.  Then I folded it into thirds.  After that, I drew lines across the page and cut halfway across on the first and last third.
Cut out the bird beaks and descriptions.

Glue the bird beaks on each different section.

Match the description to the beak.

Add an example of a bird, with each kind of beak.
And one more picture for the day.  When it is miserable outside, (which is often) I let chickadees read inside during recess.  This little girl is so precious...after she read each page, she turned and showed "the class."  I love (some of) the things kids do when they don't think anyone is looking.


Happy Wednesday,
 

2 comments:

  1. My kids read to "the class" too. Makes you smile, huh?
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have some interesting bird activities. Thanks!

    Barbara
    Grade ONEderful
    Ruby Slippers

    ReplyDelete