Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Library Shenanigans


We are into our second week of school....so fun learning all kinds of new procedures and guidelines! This week we are focusing on the classroom library.  There are a LOT of books in our classroom....picture books, easy readers, beginning chapter books, and middle grade reads.  Kids have a hard time getting books put back, so I thought I would give them a resource.  First I showed them a powerpoint explaining each section of the library.  We discussed as we went along.  Then they each had to take a "test".  They were given a book and had to return it to the library.  Students who correctly returned the book were given a "license to read" and thought they were pretty fabulous.  (Everyone got lots of mulligans when returning books, so we are now all licensed readers.)  Maybe you would like to know how to be a licensed reader in B-7!







Happy Tuesday,  

2 comments:

  1. This is a very smart idea, Laurie. I'm taking note:)
    I don't do anything like this and as you can imagine my library tends to get messed up.
    Thanks for sharing this!
    Grade ONEderful
    Ruby Slippers Designs

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kids help me organize our library at the beginning of the year. It helps them get familiar with the system. I love how you gave them a license to read. How clever and motivating!
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete