Friday, September 12, 2014

Five for Friday Finally


It is Five for Friday.  Here is what happened in the land of some 3rd grade chickadees this week-
Our Donor's Choose project was delivered.  It was like Christmas!  Hokki Stools are such a great piece of classroom furniture.
We started some Engage NY math....I took pages home and circled incorrect answers.  Then students worked in groups to correct their work.  They did such a great job teaching...not just copying!




Our school theme is perseverance.  (I can't tell you how much it bothers me that the spelling of the word seems to be missing the letter r!)  Anyway we read The Most Magnificent Thing and watched The Lego Story and then had a great discussion about perseverance and how the book and video showed that trait.  

I love anchor charts!  Today we made a chart for stamina.  Like this one from Creating Readers and Writers.  
But I wanted kids more involved in the creating it.  So I split the class into 2 groups and had each group work on half the chart.  Then we came back together and added any other ideas that we might have missed.  It was great....although a bit a girl drama had us have a mini session about how to work together and lead vs. boss.
My aunt is in town this weekend!  Which means we will be going to Papa Haydn's for dessert.  The place is a.m.a.z.i.n.g!  If you ever visit Portland, you must stop there.  They have real food also, but I have never tried it:-)
 This is the display case of deliciousness! 
And then they make your choice all beautiful on the plate!

Happy Friday...and GO DODGERS!!!!

3 comments:

  1. I really like how you did your group work. That's my favourite way to teach.
    Enjoy your fancy pants dessert:)
    Grade ONEderful
    Ruby Slippers Designs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen The Most Magnificent Thing around on blogs. I really need to get myself a copy. Adding The Lego Story to it makes for a perfect duo I bet.
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just read The Most Magnificent Thing and hadn't heard of that Lego movie. My kids will love it. Thanks.

    Plus

    ReplyDelete