Friday, March 1, 2013

March Currently...and a Tutorial Hopefully

Not sure how it happened, but March is here already.  Time for another Currently and I attempted to make a tutorial...if it works for you....it is your lucky day:-)  Picture is at end of post.
Listening:  To the Pitch Perfect soundtrack.  No matter how crazy the day it, those songs make me smile!

Loving:  I was at a district training and we were introduced to this book.  Great inspiration for incorporating writing into science and support kids while doing it.  The book has video clips also.
Thinking:  I stumbled upon a tumblr dedicated to Anne and Gilbert....Love them.  Pretty sure spring break will include an Anne of Green Gables marathon.

Wanting:  I can not stand wearing real shoes all day, but wearing flip flops during the very rainy season is just silly!  Bring on the sunshine:-)

Needing:  Love these girls and a new volleyball season is fast approaching. Last year the net was questionable....I need to go set it up and make sure it is ready for practice.

Like/Hate/Love: Laughter-no explanation needed.  In my classroom, I am always singing at my kids and trying to them laughing...stress relief for all.
Loud-not a fan of the noise decibel regularly vibrating in my classroom.
Literature-LOVE finding great books and getting them into the hands of my readers!

Here is a tutorial to try out--
Check in on Farley and see what everyone else is up to this month.

Happy Friday,

17 comments:

  1. Seems like I'm reading lots of the same things from people...we all want sandals and warmth!
    Funny you have laughter and loud...my sis and I are doing a meaningful tattoo together when she comes back to IL.... I'm writing "laugh loud" for her and she's writing it for me and I'm inking it permanently on my skin...We laugh and very loudly when we're together. AND love Pitch Perfect...my daughter just did the "cup song" in the talent show...I was soooo impressed with her singing!
    I'm your newest follower!
    "autumn"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait for warm weather...but it's not looking likely anytime soon here in New England...hopefully soon!

    :) Kaitlyn
    Smiles and Sunshine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm SO with you - bring on the warm weather! It's flip flop time!

    Molly
    Lucky to Be in First

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Pitch Perfect and I am rereading Anne of Green Gables right now. A friend's daughter was Marilla in the musical version recently, so I'm enjoying the stories again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pitch Perfect is my favorite! Love how adorable your blog is!
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  6. I rеаd this рοѕt cοmpletely regardіng
    the cοmρaгisоn of hottest and preνіous technοlοgies, іt's awesome article.

    Here is my website: dumpster rental maryland

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow thаt ωаs strangе. I juѕt wrоtе an ехtremelу lоng сοmment but аfter I сlісkeԁ ѕubmit
    my сomment ԁidn't show up. Grrrr... well I'm not ωriting
    all thаt ovеr agaіn. Anyωаy, just wаnteԁ to ѕаy wondeгful blog!


    Feеl free tο νisit my web-ѕite ... trash dumpster

    ReplyDelete
  8. This іѕ verу inteгesting, Υou're a very skilled blogger. I'νе joineԁ your rss fееԁ anԁ look fогωarԁ to seeking more of your
    magnifiсent ρost. Also, ӏ hаvе shаreԁ your sіte
    in my soсial netωorκѕ!

    Feel free to surf to mу ρage - dumpster rentals

    ReplyDelete
  9. I posted my new tattoo! ;)
    http://anchoredin3rdgrade.blogspot.com/2013/03/anchor-tattoothat-is-all-for-now.html

    "autumn"

    ReplyDelete
  10. Laurie,
    I didn't realize you were an Oregon blogger like me until I found Fifth in the Middle's linky! I'm teaching first in Forest Grove. Where are you teaching?
    Corinna
    ♥Teaching Fabulous Firsties!♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Laurie,
    Thank you, thank you for posting the tutorial for the currently linky party! I'm a new blogger and need all the help I can get.

    ~Courtney
    Polka Dot Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Laurie! Thanks for the tutorial. I **just** started a new teaching blog and need loads of help to get up to speed!

    ~Alyssa


    http://absherallstars.blogspot.com/
    http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Alyssa-Absher

    ReplyDelete
  13. I know this is an old post...but Farley has it listed to help us newbies out with the currentlys....so THANK YOU! I'm still figuring out everything :)

    Vanessa
    theeducatedcrown.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really like this "Currently" image idea! I am going to try your tutorial right now!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am VERY new to the mac world and blogging. I am stuck on how to save the currently. Any other suggestions for a newbie?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you, thank you! This post is over a year old and still a lifesaver for us newbies!
    Kathleen from KidpeopleClassroom

    ReplyDelete