Thursday, November 15, 2012

Book Character Costumes

Today was  MUCH better than yesterday!  Only one minor alert for throwing rocks....a much more 2/3 grade offense!  One more day to go, then ten days of pure reading enjoyment.  Who has book suggestions!?

While on Pinterest, where I hangout regularly, I found this inspiring quote:
This is SO me.  I have never been and don't imagine being a worksheet teacher.  Blogland, for the most part has reinforced this thinking and given me tons of ideas for creating student learning and engagement that a worksheet could never do.  I am so thankful for the world of blogging!  One of my blogging friends who I think fits this quote so well is Miss Trayers over at Not Just Child's Play.  She is so good at pushing kids' thinking....lots of brain wrinkling going on!  A while back she did a blog post about book characters and what they would chose to wear for Halloween.  So clever....you can read about it here.  So I had my students think of a character they had recently met while reading and had them draw them in their Halloween costumes.
Ramona as a tube of toothpaste, because she once poured the whole tube down the sink.
Big Nate as a zombie, because he likes to dress scary and scare his teacher, Godfrey.
Ereth (from the book Poppy) as a salt lick, because he loves salt more than anything.  (except his life.)
Another Ereth as a log, because then everyone will leave him alone.
 I have a group of kids who LOVE the Poppy books:-) 

You should go check out Not Just Child's Play and say hi!  You might get some brain wrinkles for yourself!

Happy Thursday,

2 comments:

  1. "brain wrinkles"--I love that! Thank you so much for highlighting my blog! You definitely pegged me, I do really have a passion for higher-order thinking type activities. :)I've been a fan of your blog for awhile now, so I'm truly honored.

    NotJustChild'sPlay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen to that quote you shared. :)
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete