Friday, October 25, 2013

Todd Parr Loves Reading and So Do We

Blogging has been so difficult lately.  It takes me around two weeks or more to get up a post and my class is lovely!  It is amazing how different 28 kids are from 36....and so far none that need duct-taped personal space.

I thoroughly enjoy the world of Todd Parr.  My roommate teachers kindergarten and has all of his books.  My favorite is Reading Makes You Feel Good.  Each page is colorful and tells why reading is so amazing...for so many different things.
So of course, we needed to do some Todd Parr imitation art and share about our love of reading.  (Because in this room, we LOVE reading.)
"Reading makes me feel happy because the main character takes me places.  And it makes feel calm after I just played outside.  And it does not cost money at the library.  Only if you do not give the book back.  Then you have to spend money." 
"Reading makes me feel brave, sad, happy, pleasant, kind, good, shiny, and smart.  It makes me dig into the book."

"Reading makes me feel like I can do anything.  One thing I feel like I can do with some books is talk to animals.  Another this is fly and go to places that don't exist."















Check out these readers-


 


Happy Thursday,

4 comments:

  1. I love what your kids say about reading!
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the bright color of his books and your kids art work. That's a great idea to get kids writing about their thoughts on reading!
    Kelly
    I'm Not Your Grandpa, I'm Your Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved reading what your kids wrote Laurie! Adorable!!

    ✿Sue✿
    Science for Kids Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Todd! Love what your kids wrote even more!!
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete