Wednesday, April 17, 2013

New York...New York

I have always wanted to got to a summer institute at The Teacher's College, so on a whim, I applied thinking I didn't do a great job, but I could try again next year.  Well today I got an e-mail and I am going to the Summer Reading Institute at The Teacher's College.
SO excited!  I have never been to New York.  To my New York bloggy buddies and anyone elso whose got New York info., what should a do/see while I am there.  The 4th of July is a non-class day so I am free to roam the city!  Seeing Newsies is the only must do on my list!
Happy Wednesday!

6 comments:

  1. Yay, lucky you! That will be a blast:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so exciting! I grew up in NYC and know that you will have an amazing time. Bring great walking shoes because you walk everywhere and be sure to have a slice of Ray's pizza. jealous.

    Kimberley

    ReplyDelete
  3. What?! Ah, a dream come true. I'd love to go there some day. You must share all you learn!
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Laurie - what an honor! Your head will be full of so many great new ideas!
    I saw Newsies a few months ago and totally loved it. When they call it "high energy", that's totally an understatement - the dancing was truly amazing!
    Enjoy!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! I've always heard great things about that institute.
    ~Heather
    The Meek Moose

    ReplyDelete
  6. I teach with people who have attended summer institutes & they ae fabulous! I have attended 2 Saturday (free institutes) & they were amazing. Have a wonderful time & soak it all in. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete