Monday, April 15, 2013

Monday Sayings...

Saturday Sayings are one of the best parts of my week.  If you haven't heard of them, you must go check out Forever in First.  I am never with it enough to get ready for Saturday, but in honor of my favorite team, my two favorite players, and the fact that it's Jackie Robinson day....I am dubbing today a "saying" day.  (42, the movie, was pretty great...btw.)
Every year, I read Teammates to my class....usually more than one time.  One of my goals for my class each year is that would know that our class is a team and stand up for each other, just like Peewee did for Jackie.  Sometimes, I tell them to ask themselves, "What would Peewee do?"  when they are responding to others.
Side Note...my lovely city of Portland has no professional baseball...it is the one and only negative comment I have about Oregon.  So all you friends out there...I am very jealous that you could be in the stands with all the 42's.  Thursday, I get to travel to Seattle to see a Mariner/Tiger game....four hour drive just to see the sport I love:-)

Happy Monday,

2 comments:

  1. I love your Monday version of Saturday Sayings! I'm about the furthest from a baseball fan one could get, but I like the message anyway! :)
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on 400 followers! Amazing! I hope to get there by the end of the summer. I just wanted to share with you a link that I am doing. It is all about the dollar. Anything you buy, sell, find, or love that is only a dollar. So come by, it is a fun one!

    www.ateacherwithoutaclass.com

    ReplyDelete