Saturday, December 1, 2012

Rockin' December

"And the Grinch, with hit Grinch-feet ice cold in the snow, stood puzzling and puzzling, how could it be so?  It came without ribbons. It came without tags.  It came without packages, boxes, or bags.  And he puzzled and puzzled 'till his puzzler was sore.  Then the Grinch thought something he hadn't before.  What if Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store.  What if Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more." -Love the Grinch
Another currently has arrived! Go see Farley
Listening:
I am not going to lie....I started listening to Christmas music around Halloween time.  Some of my favorites are Dean Martin, Point of Grace, Chris Tomlin, and Josh Groban, of course.
Loving: 
ALL of you bloggers make me a better teacher.  The greatest group of colleagues all across the country!  I love being a part of the blogosphere.
Thinking: 
I do not have a tree skirt.  I have seen some adoreable DIY ones....can I really do it or will it become a pinterest fail?
Wanting:
Would love to deck out my classroom door...do I have the time?????
Needing:
Mulligan...any of you frisbee golf? My class needs a do-over.  Someone push a restart button!  More than a few of my chickadees were absent, in some form or another, during the routines and expectations part of the year.  Or they just forgot.  Or there are just SO many of us trying to revolve around each other.  Or well, I don't have other excuse ideas.  But January is bringing a redo.
RAK:
CANdy treats for the neighbors.  LOVING this idea and can't wait to try it.  I can not take credit for the idea though.  It's from Tip Junky...click the pic for how to.

And there you have it!  Remember the rule of three and find out where everyone is from.
Happy December,

7 comments:

  1. Frisbee Golf is in the blood, My Paternal Grandfather, dad and uncles all played it when I was growing up, then help design a course in a park near my Grandparents house....As for the restart button, you are not alone, one of my 3rd graders at recess broke a rule, and with attitude asked "since when is that been a rule" Ummm since you were in Prek.....Is it Christmas Break :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog style! It is so cute! My husband and I were JUST listening to Josh Groban Christmas music in the car. It is beautiful. My childhood favorite is Loretta Lynn's Christmas album. I'm a country girl! I'd love to get a candy treat from my neighbor. Maybe I'll do that for my teaching partner. Great idea!
    ~Andi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the classroom doors. I must get pinning!
    tania
    My Second Sense

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Chris' CD. I can listen to that one over and over. Take care. :)
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally want to make that no sew ruffle tree skirt on Pinterest!! I will come over and we can make it together!! Happy Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those tree skirts are beautiful-you can definitely make one of those! :) I thought it was just my class who had routine-amnesia-I guess it's just that time of year!

    NotJustChild'sPlay

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Josh Groban, too. And I definitely need a do-over on some of my classroom routines, as well!

    Krazy Town

    ReplyDelete