Thursday, October 10, 2013

The Stacks Computer Style

Today we went to the computer lab...(computers is my LEAST favorite part of the week!)  Anyway last year, we wrote and created "The Stacks" poetry.  They were fun to read and such an easy way to create a poem.  Today in the lab we typed them.  We brought our bookbags to the lab and had two poetry options: 
1-Use the titles of books in your bag to create a poem.
2-Pick one page in your book and type 8-10 of the words into a poem.
3-Do both...oh you over-achievers!
Loved how they turned out...and reinforced that poetry comes from anywhere!  They also got to practice typing and experience changing font and size.  Jusy in case you want to see the non-computer version from last year, click here.
Happy Thursday!!!

4 comments:

  1. And what great vocabulary words too!
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love em! You've got some talented poets!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this idea! Thanks for sharing!!
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this idea as well! What a fun way to make poetry! Now I want to write one myself with my stack of books! :)

    NotJustChild'sPlay

    ReplyDelete