1) I don't know the kids, so I unable to answer the, "How is ________ doing so far?" Why do parents ask that during open house. Answering is so uncomfortable with all the other families around the room.
2) I have a face for every student so I can greet them by name on the first day.
3) All their supplies are already sorted and put away, so they don't have to be dealt with on the first day.
4) They share their transportation plans for the first day...no need to guess or hope they know where they are going
5) I had them label their folders with their parents...no more upside down, backwards folders.
6) Lunch magnets are done! They can walk in and make their lunch choice.
Room looks ready. I need to go to Ikea and get the polka dotted rug, that everyone has, to cover up that cord.
Room reveal coming soon...