Wednesday, January 30, 2013

High Low Linky

Katie over at Teacher to the Core is having a look back linky party...sounded like fun, so I am joining in.  (I should be writing sub plans for tomorrow morning, but this sounded more entertaining.)

The High Low party is look back on the best and worst parts of the month....this month flew by and thankfully I am not having a difficult time with the best.
I had a really difficult time coming up with a low.

Book dork here!  I already mentioned how much I love The One and Only Ivan and how much I really wanted it to win (so did Mr. Colby Sharp!)  But this morning, I replayed the award announcement for my class (we had a report card workday yesterday) and it was so cute!  We all listened through the honor books.  Pleasantly surprised that we had read some of the Caldecott honor books.  And then when they announced the Newbery winner they all started cheering and clapping....for a book.  It made my reading heart happy!
And my other great part of the month was from Teaching Ace's Forces and Motion Unit.  We did a science inquiry using an egg, a car, and a ramp!  Oh the excitement for learning was fun!

Jenny....my birding/bloggy friend posted about half way day and I really wanted to celebrate in class....so I got the calendar out and realized that today was the day!  I missed it!  And yes, I realize this is kind of a lame "low" but I have been blessed with a good month and can not think of something awful.  It is entirely possible I will think of something as soon as I click publish!

Your turn....think back on January and share how it went!
Happy Wednesday,

2 comments:

  1. Hello! I came from the linky party and loved reading your post! I can so relate to making your reading heart happy, I am also blessed with a reading heart! I think any month with not too many lows is definitely something to celebrate. Hopefully your February is the same :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Laurie! I am your newest blog follower! Great "About Me" description on your sidebar. You sound a lot like the Missus (Teacher to the Core). She always wanted to be a teacher too! Great high/low post. Awesome science lesson! Don't apologize for having a "lame" low! What a blessing! Take care! :)

    ReplyDelete