Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Winner Winner and a DIY Lightbulb Moment

Blogland is like a whole new family!  Thanks so much for following and leaving sweet comments. Congrats to Sara @ Smiling in Second Grade.  She has won herself a personalized tumbler from It's Your Party.  And congrats to Holly @ Crisscross Applesauce in First Grade who has won an word scarf from Storiarts.  I will be contacting you be e-mail soon.

Also I've got to share a crafty lightbulb moment.  My students have reading journals they write in, and turn in. Then I read what they wrote and write back.  I love reading what they have to say about reading.  What I don't love is trying to find the page they wrote to me on.  Little did I know how useful a piece of yarn could be!  Check this out.
Reading Response Journal and Yarn Book Mark
Yarn inside the journal
Bookmark in the journal...no more looking for pages!

Hope it helps you as much as me!
Again Happy Wednesday...sorry about the double post...I had to share!
Laurie


 

9 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness - that IS a good idea!!!! Don't you just love it when one of those 'lil buggers just pops into your brain!?!?

    And I am SOOOOOOO excited about winning this giveaway....Oh my goodness!!!!!!!! Thank you!

    Holly
    Crisscross Applesauce in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea! Funny how little things like this just suddenly come to us and make all the difference.
    Lori
    Conversations in Literacy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Sara and Holly (I LOVE that scarf!)!

    And yay for the little things that make us happy :)


    Journey of a Substitute Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I couldn't win, glad it was Holly... sorta, lol :)


    Rachel
    Ms. Rachel’s Room

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great idea! I feel like you just invented the Post-It note - simple and SO practical! :)


    Second Grade Sugar and Spice

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you thank you! I'm so excited to pick out my new tumbler! Thanks for the wonderful giveaway!

    Sara :)
    Smiling In Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is an awesome idea... so simple, and easy, and helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm your newest follower. We were both given the Liebster award. How fun is that. I'd love to have you look at my blog. I have some freebies that fit my 2nd graders, maybe they'll work for you too,

    Patty

    Second In Line

    ReplyDelete